What makes your local dive bar special? Or the mom and pop store on the corner? Why are you loyal to your local pizzeria, even when you know you can now get a decent frozen pie at your local big box store? It’s that personal connection to these stores and the people you meet there. You know the owners—they’re part of the fabric of your hometown. And you like how you feel when you’re there mingling with the entire community.
Small businesses often have more leeway in showing their personality than larger stores and more opportunities to partner and interact with their local community. This is especially true when it comes to community involvement and giving back. After all, it’s not just about making money, it’s about sharing your vision, your gifts…yourself with others.
Sincere community involvement is not only personally rewarding as a business owner, it can be good business too. In fact, their connection to the community can really be a competitive advantage. This guide covers all the bases on forming community partnerships including:
· How SMBs Can Build Effective Community Partnerships
· The Benefits of Giving Back for Small Businesses
· How to Partner with Libraries, Schools and Chambers of Commerce
· Creative Ways Small Business Can Give Back to the Community
· Sponsor a Community Event: Making a Memorable Contribution to the Community
How SMBs Can Build Effective Community Partnerships
Connecting with national organizations can feel rewarding, but making a difference in your immediate community is so much more satisfying. Here are some guidelines for choosing and structuring a community-business partnership.
- What is a Community-Business Partnership?
- 5 Lessons for Strong Business Partnerships
- The Importance of Strategic Business Partnerships
- The Hidden Benefits of Connecting Business With the Community
The Benefits of Giving Back for Small Businesses
You don’t need an excuse to give back. Yet it’s comforting to know that what goes around comes around, and the time you invest in improving your town and helping local communities will also help your SMB. Here are just a few ways paying it forward helps your business.
- Giving Back: The Small Business Benefits of Being Charitable
- A winning formula: When small businesses give back
- How Giving Back Can Improve Your Business
- The Power of Giving Back: How Community Involvement Can Boost Your Bottom Line
- Crowd Pleasers: Aligning Your Business with a Cause
- 6 reasons giving back to the community helps your SMB.
How to Partner with Libraries, Schools and Chambers of Commerce
Libraries and schools are experts at serving the community and connecting people. If you haven’t been to your local library recently you should know it’s not just about books anymore. They host educational and fun events all the time. Are you the owner of a local cafe? Consider partnering with the library to offer refreshments for their next reading, or an educational event on how to prepare the perfect espresso. Are you a salon? Host an event on how to choose the most flattering hairstyle for you and include a free polish. Here are a few articles to get you brainstorming about ways you can partner with your local library, chamber of commerce or school.
- 6 Great Ideas for Library Partnerships
- Libraries and the Business Community
- 5 Ways Libraries Support Small Business Owners
- School-Business Partnerships That Work:
- Success Stories from Schools of All Sizes
- Crowd Pleasers: Hosting a Class for Customers
- 6 reasons why businesses should join a local chamber of commerce
- Creative Chamber of Commerce Partnerships
Creative Ways Small Business Can Give Back to the Community
The first step in giving back is choosing the right cause and coming up with ideas to support it. Here’s a roundup of some of the best ways small businesses can make a real impact on their local community.
- 5 Small Business Ideas that Incorporate Giving Back
- 9 Simple Ways Small Businesses Can Give Back
- 11 Heartwarming Ways Real Small Businesses Are Giving Back for the Holidays
- Small Businesses Giving Back: How to Do It Without Breaking the Bank
- 10 Ways Small Businesses Can Give Back Without Breaking the Bank
- Creative Ways Businesses Can Give Back
- Business problem turnaround: Moving perishable products before they go stale
- Master stocking your restaurant food & supplies with these inventory management tips
Sponsor a Community Event: Making a Memorable Contribution to the Community
Want to celebrate the community? Consider sponsoring a community event. Fairs, food tasting events, parades, and sports events are just a few of the ways you can be active in your community (and Clover Flex can help you get there.) In-store events naturally draw customers into your store, especially if you promote them to your lists using Clover Promos, but external events can be just as effective with these tips.
- Giving Is Good for Business: Community Event, Charity Involvement Ideas
- Business accelerators: Sponsoring a community event
- The Restaurant’s Guide to Forging a Meaningful Customer Experience
- The Big Day: How to Turn Any Occasion into an Electrifying Event at Your Small Business
- Host In-Store Events to Bring More Customers Through Your Door
- 12 Tips for Successful In-Store Events
- Event Marketing: 10 Ideas Sure To Attract Attention
- How to Host a Customer Event
To learn more about Clover, visit www.clover.com.