If you’ve noticed the uptick in consumers using Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) plans and are eager to get your business set up with one, wait no longer. Pay Later powered by Bread PayTM is now available to qualifying Clover merchants.1
Clover devices now offer Bread Pay, a pay-over-time technology solution that enables your customers to make purchases with flexible and easy-to-understand payments. Now, it’s available to online and in-store Clover merchants who qualify.
To learn more about why BNPL could be right for your business, be sure to read 4 reasons merchants need BNPL now.
Setting up and using Pay Later powered by Bread Pay is as easy as 1-2-3 for both Clover merchants and their customers.
Merchants post signs provided by Bread Pay at no cost in-store for customers to notice as they shop. Customers can easily scan the QR code with their smartphones and use a web-based experience to submit a quick application with Bread Pay. No download is needed! And, customers can easily adjust their estimated purchase amount in their application.
Customers complete a quick and simple application2 that requires only a few pieces of information, and they choose to pay in 4 with SplitPay3 or choose an installment loan. What’s even better, the application has no hard hit on a customer’s credit report and the credit decision is made in real time.
When the application is approved, customers receive a 6-digit payment code from Bread Pay that they can share with the sales associate at check-out along with a valid government-issued photo ID. The cashier scans the items for purchase as usual then selects the Bread Pay button on the Clover device to complete the transaction. If customers haven’t applied for Bread Pay before the time of purchase, they can apply right at check out. If the customer is using Bread Pay’s SplitPay as a payment method, the first payment of 25% of the purchase amount is due at checkout.
Pay Later helps merchants remove budget and cash flow barriers for consumers. That means, consumers can buy more of what they want–even higher ticket items–in a way that’s manageable for them. For merchants, that can mean more sales.
For merchants, getting payment for the transaction is just as easy. Merchants are paid upfront at settlement, with funds arriving in 0-2 business days. The full payment is settled to the merchant’s bank account, net of fees, and Bread Pay owns the payment risk.4 That means, there’s no risk to the merchant because the customer pays Bread Pay directly over time on scheduled due dates.
Even returns and refunds are simple with Bread Pay. When the customer returns an item for a refund, the refund is managed in the Clover device using the transaction ID on the receipt. Customers receive a credit less any accrues interest to their Bread Pay account in 7-10 days.
Pay Later powered by Bread Pay is an easy set up for merchants, and an even simpler experience for customers. If you’re interested in setting up Bread Pay for your business, please review the qualification criteria below and apply.
We’re offering BNPL solutions through Clover for select merchants who qualify with general guidelines listed below.
1. Bread Pay loans are originated by Comenity Capital Bank. Merchants contract with Comenity Capital Bank to offer Bread Pay. Bread Pay is a suite of products consisting of SplitPay and/or installment loans. Comenity Capital Bank is a Bread Financial company.
2. Availability & Eligibility: Age: Customers must be at least 18 years old (or over 19 for Alabama or Nebraska residents).
Location: Available in all U.S. states. Installments and SplitPay are not available in U.S. territories or Puerto Rico.
– Customers must have a valid mobile number that can receive SMS tokens; and
– Customers must have a debit/credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) with enough capacity to support the first and second payments of their order, which is determined by putting temporary holds (and immediate releases) on the card.
3. SplitPay is a pay over time option that allows customers to split up their purchase into 4 equal, interest-free payments over 6 weeks using their credit or debit card. Currently, SplitPay is available for cart sizes between $50 – $1,000.
4. Comenity Capital Bank takes the risk of borrower non-payment, provided the merchant follows the Bread Pay operating procedures and guides (including those related to product and service quality and accuracy), and the merchant agreement.