What’s the lifeblood of a thriving business? Savvy marketing. Marketing is a crucial part of your overall business strategy, not a once-in-awhile activity when you need a specific, paid campaign. When done right, marketing builds connections with customers that naturally develop into long-lasting, profitable relationships, inspires brand loyalty and turns your best customers into evangelists. Need help incorporating marketing planning into your business?
Here’s a roundup of some of the best digital marketing techniques.
Top-Notch Marketing & Sales Techniques
If you only had a half hour to plan a promotion….if your marketing budget is best described as “shoe-string” but you need solid results fast…how do you get started? From running a successful promotion to launching a customer rewards programs, here are some strategies for getting started.
- Do sales and promotions actually work?
- How to run a successful sales promotion
- Leveraging Staff Expertise to Drive More Sales
- How to Spend Your Marketing Budget
- How to Launch a New Product or Service
- 8 Smart and Affordable Ideas to Deepen Customer Loyalty
- Launch a VIP Customer Awards Program
- How Small Businesses Can Incorporate Membership Models
- How Brick-and-Mortar Retailers Can Compete in the Digital Age
- eBook: Why Content Marketing is Essential for Small Business
Mobile Marketing Campaigns
Want to reach more customers and increase sales? Give mobile marketing a try.
Now you can take your coupons to the next level by sending them right to your customers’ smartphones. People now spend 69% of their media time on smartphones, and shoppers who are out and about are far more likely to search for you on their mobile devices. Here’s how to get a piece of the action.
- Go Mobile to Increase Online and Offline Sales
- How Mobile Coupons Can Boost Foot Traffic and Drive Sales
- Why Businesses Should Consider Adopting Mobile Payments
- Using Mobile to Maximize Holiday Shopping Opportunities
- Mobile Loyalty Programs That Work Hard for Your Business
Social Media Marketing
Social media is an incredible, free way to get some word-of-mouth marketing. Use it to send customers updates, special promotions, and to invite them to special events. Kickstart your social presence with this advice from Clover and create brand evangelists.
- Social Media Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
- How to Choose the Right Social Media Platform
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Adopting a New Social Media Platform
- Social Media Growth Hacks
- How to Turn Your Social Media Followers into Customers
- 7 Tips for Taking Killer Instagram Photos to Build Your Social Media Following
- 6 Instagram Tips for Local Businesses
- Get More Great YELP! Reviews
Improve Your Website’s SEO
While many small business owners know they need to upgrade their e-commerce, many hold back because they’re afraid the costs will be prohibitive. Luckily, one of the most underestimated sources of new customers is both free and relatively easy to get started. According to Wordstream, nearly three fourths of people who search for something locally will visit a store within 5 miles. Optimizing your website for SEO (or even just setting up a basic site) will help get your business discovered.
- Does Your Business Need a Website?
- The First 5 Things You Should Do When Building Your Online Store
- How (and Why) to Improve Your Website SEO
- The Secret Sauce Behind SEO: How to Increase Site Traffic
- 5 Free Tools to Improve Your Online Presence
- 5 Biggest Mistakes New Small Business Owners Make When Redesigning Their Website
Turn Every Holiday into a Marketing Opportunity
No matter what your business is, there are natural times of year that you can take advantage of to build up a loyal customer base. Whether it’s holidays, events, or particular seasons, leverage these natural marketing opportunities to increase sales.
- How to Turn Any Occasion into an Electrifying Event
- Holiday Promotions That Won’t Break the Bank
- 5 Tips for Getting Your Piece of the Holiday Shopping Frenzy
- How to Turn Holiday Foot Traffic into Loyal Repeat Customers
- 7 Tips to Turn Holiday Shoppers into Loyal Customers
- 5 Ways Gift Cards Can Drive Sales and Win Customers This Holiday Season
- 5 Ways Your Business Can Rock the Holidays (Webinar)
Marketing Ideas for Common Small Business Problems
Facing a difficult business problem? Marketing to the rescue! Clover’s Business Problem Turnaround features are filled with proven techniques to tackle the most common problems small businesses face. Here are just a few targeted marketing ideas to boost sales.
- Overcoming Location Woes (Without Moving)
- Customers Browse Your Store, but Buy on Amazon
- Dealing with Slow Foot Traffic
- 4 Ideas for Bringing in Traffic on Your Slow Days
- Boosting Off-Season Sales
- eBook: 365 Ideas to Grow Your Small Business
Marketing is about more than putting on a good sale. From taking your business online, to starting and managing a social media profile we have an app for you. (And hey, if you’re just looking for a quick way to promote a sale, we’ve got that too.) Get Clover in your corner.
Clover is sold by leading U.S. banks including Bank of America, BBVA, Citi, PNC, SunTrust and Wells Fargo. You’ll also find Clover at our trusted partners including CardConnect, Restaurant Depot, and Sam’s Club. For more information, visit us at clover.com.