What’s going to fill your tables and bring new dinners to your restaurant? Savvy sales and restaurant marketing. Marketing is a crucial part of your overall business strategy, not a once-in-awhile activity you think about when the table service is a little slow. The restaurant industry is extremely competitive, and smart marketing techniques are what cultivate regulars and keep your FSR afloat when a new restaurant opens up across the street.
Here’s a collection of the best restaurant marketing & sales techniques.
1. Getting Started: Restaurant Marketing & Sales Techniques
The pastries are perfect and your staff memorized the specials…now it’s time to get dinners in the door. From boosting your restaurant’s visibility to figuring out your FSR marketing budget, here are some restaurant marketing strategies to get started.
- 25 Restaurant Marketing Ideas: How to Market a Restaurant
- 9 Effective Strategies for Restaurant Marketing
- The Future of Restaurant Marketing: Are You Ready?
- Modern Marketing Strategies for Restaurant Success
- Know How Much to Spend: How to Calculate Your Restaurant’s Food Costs
- 6 Marketing Tools to Boost Your Restaurant’s Visibility
- What Not to Do: Restaurant Advice from the Trenches
2. Growing Your Full-Service Restaurant (FSR)
Ready for a more in-depth restaurant marketing plan? Here are the best strategies for growing your restaurant. Plus, a step-by-step guide to promoting your FSR.
- 5 Restaurant Growth Hacks
- 25 Restaurant Marketing Ideas You’ll Love
- How to Promote Your Restaurant in 14 Steps
- 16 Restaurant Marketing Strategies to Drive More Customers to Your Restaurant
- How to Spend Your Marketing Budget
3. Restaurant Mobile Marketing Ideas
Want to reach customers near your restaurant? It’s time to try mobile marketing.
With mobile marketing, you can send customers digital coupons right to their smartphones. Be sure to target customers searching for “restaurants near me.” Here are a few mobile marketing ideas for restaurants.
- Go Mobile to Increase Online and Offline Sales
- How Coupons Can Be a Marketing Weapon On Restaurant Marketing Arsenal?
- How Mobile Coupons Can Boost Foot Traffic and Drive Sales
- A Restaurant Mobile Loyalty Program Success Story: LaFleur’s Seafood Restaurant
- How to Run a Successful Restaurant Coupon Marketing Campaign
- Mobile Loyalty Programs That Work Hard for Your Business
- The Best Restaurant Marketing Ideas from 18 Experts
- 22 Restaurant Marketing Tips from the Experts
- 20 Restaurant Marketing Ideas
4. Social Media Marketing for Restaurants
Social media is an incredibly powerful tool for restaurants to market themselves. In fact, Yelp! and other social media review sites are often the first place new customers will look for a new restaurant. Even better, if you can get your loyal fans sharing posts about your restaurant, you’ll generate some awesome word-of-mouth marketing.
- The Complete Guide to Social Media Marketing for Restaurants & Bars
- Social Media Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
- Social Media Marketing for Restaurants: 21 Tips
- How to Choose the Right Social Media Platform
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Adopting a New Social Media Platform
- Social Media Growth Hacks
- How to Build a Restaurant Social Marketing Plan
- Get More Great YELP! Reviews
- 5 Ways to Bring Your Restaurant’s Brand to Life on Social Media
- 15 Tips for Restaurant Social Media Marketing with Examples
5. Improve Your Restaurant’s Visibility: FSR Marketing Ideas
Ever think about how people find your restaurant? The restaurant industry is the most searched type of business on mobile devices. Considering 85% of people search for local businesses online, this should be a crucial part of your FSR marketing plan. Want more customers? Optimize your website for mobile.
- Does Your Restaurant Need a Website?
- 4 Ways Clover Online Helps Restaurants Shine on the Web
- 50 Amazing Restaurant Website Design Examples
- How (and Why) to Improve Your Website SEO
- The Secret Sauce Behind SEO: How to Increase Site Traffic
- 5 Free Tools to Improve Your Online Presence
- 5 Biggest Mistakes New Small Business Owners Make When Redesigning Their Website
6. Attract More “Regulars”: The Art of Loyalty Marketing for Restaurants
It’s not just the gazpacho that keeps customers coming back to your restaurant. It’s how you make them feel. Everything from your specials to the atmosphere, to your loyalty program affects your sales. Treat your patrons as royalty and they’ll keep coming back for more.
- How Restaurants Are Driving Success with Loyalty Programs
- 25 Creative Restaurant Marketing Ideas to Get More Customers
- 8 Smart and Affordable Ideas to Deepen Customer Loyalty
- Launch a VIP Customer Awards Program
- Loyalty Marketing for Restaurants
- How to Turn Holiday Foot Traffic into Loyal Repeat Customers
- 5 Ways Gift Cards Can Drive Sales and Win Customers This Holiday Season
- 5 Reasons You Need Gift Cards at Your Restaurant
- What Makes a Good Restaurant Atmosphere?
7. Restaurant Marketing Ideas for Common Problems
Every restaurant has its ups and downs. From location problems to low volume, here are some targeted restaurant marketing tactics to try.
- Overcoming Location Woes (Without Moving)
- Dealing with Slow Foot Traffic
- 5 Fail-Safe Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Restaurant
- 4 Ideas for Bringing in Traffic on Your Slow Days
- 7 Tips to Turn Holiday Shoppers into Loyal Customers
You Might Also Like:
- 5 Types of Restaurant Employee Theft, and How to Prevent Them
- 5 Apps That Will Transform Restaurant Management
- Run a Restaurant? Learn How to Make More Time in Your Week (eBook)
- 6 Tactics for Unifying the Front and Back of House for Restaurants
The industry has new restaurants opening all the time, and competition is fierce. It’s time your POS system did more than ring up a sale. From mobile marketing to email marketing, Clover has an app for you. Get Clover in your corner.
Clover is sold by leading U.S. banks including Bank of America, BBVA, Citi, PNC, Sun Trust and Wells Fargo. You’ll also find Clover at our trusted partners including Ignite Payments, Restaurant Depot, and Sam’s Club. For more information, visit us at clover.com.