Starting up a vape shop takes a unique combination of entrepreneurial know-how and deep knowledge of vape and smoking culture. This curated guide takes the best of the web on how to start a vape business, and open a successful vape shop.
Starting a Vape Shop: Vape Market Growth
Vape market growth has been phenomenal: Vape shops are one of the fastest growing businesses in the country. Why is vaping so popular? As smoking declines in popularity, people are looking for a healthier option. Research suggests vaping is slightly healthier than smoking because users aren’t inhaling as many toxins. Here is some powerful advice on how to start a vape shop including insider tips from vape business owners.
- How to Start a Vape Shop | How to Start an LLC
- Three Keys to a Successful Vape Shop
- 8 Obstacles to Opening a Vape Shop
- How to Start a Local Business (infographic)
- 13 Questions to Answer Before Starting a New Business
Planning a Smoke and Vape Business
Making a business plan helps you flesh out the details of your strategy and is a crucial step for starting up your vaping business. Business plans are often required for financing because they demonstrate that shop owners have fully researched their business and are ready to tackle the most common obstacles to success. Here we’re including our favorite links on how to write a business plan along with sample business plans specifically for vape shops.
- Vape/e-cigarette store business plan templates
- Sample Vapor Shop Business Plan
- How to Write a Business Plan
- How to Open a Vape Shop: Starting Your Own E-Cig Business
Smoke and Vape Business Concerns
Vaping regulations, laws, and taxes can be challenging for new vape shops. Here’s the nitty gritty on the latest smoke and vape business laws and legal concerns.
Insider Tips on Starting a Vape Shop
Before getting started, carefully research vaping culture, competing vaping stores in your area, and how to appeal to your target market. What seems to be working, and why would customers buy from you? Here are some studies and insider advice on starting a vape shop.
- A Pilot Study of Retail ‘Vape Shops’ in the San Francisco Bay Area
- The Basics of Setting Up A Vape Shop (Advice from the Trenches)
- 10 Steps to Start Your Business
- How to Start a Vape Business
- 10 Facts Everybody Gets Wrong About Vaping
- What Is Vape Culture?
Vape Shop Insurance and Other Hidden Costs
Before opening up your vape business, make sure you have a firm grasp of all the costs and your likely profits. Even though vape market growth has exploded, vape shops have costs beyond the average start up. Vape shop costs vary, but most estimates range between $25,000 and $50,000 in start up costs. A vape shop can cost between $7,000 and $10,000 per month not including the costs of the product. In addition, there are many hidden costs of vape shops. For example, the FDA may soon require vape shop owners to have tobacco reseller insurance and financers may put your vape business in the riskiest category.
- How Much Does It Cost to Start a Vape Shop
- The Economics of Starting a Vape Shop
- How Much Does It Cost to Open a Vape Shop
- Vaping Franchise or Open Your Own Vape Shop
- Business trends & research roundup: Pay & compensation
- What You Need to Know About Tobacco Store Insurance
Vape Business Startup Ideas: How to Grow Your Business
The e-cigarette and vaporizer market is projected to hit $61 billion globally by 2025. While that makes vaping an exciting business to be in, it also means you’ll have a ton of competition. Everything from your location to your offerings will factor into how loyal your customers are and whether you’ll ultimately be successful. Here’s some great advice on helping your vaping business stand out.
- 11 Best Vaping Business Money Making Opportunities
- 50 Best Vape Shop Tips & Ideas on Pinterest
- How to Double Your Vape Shop Sales
- Upselling Techniques That Work
- Business accelerators: Expanding into a new market or service
Advertising a Vape Shop: More than 30 Ideas
Now that you have a solid plan for your vape shop, it’s time to get customers in the door. Here are some great ideas for advertising and marketing your vape store.
- Marketing ideas for Vape Shops and E-Cig stores
- Top Free (or Low-Cost) Vape Marketing Strategies in 2018
- How a Vape Store Doubled Their Sales with 3 Simple Things
- 11 Proven Marketing Channels to Promote Your Vape Shop Online
- How to Run a Successful Sales Promotion (Infographic)
Promoting Loyalty to Your Vape Shop Business
Regulars are the lifeblood of an e-cig or vape shop’s business. Make sure your vape loyalty perks bring them back.
- 4 Tips to Help a Vape Shop Increase Sales
- 6 Loyalty Program Examples in the eCig and Vapes Industry
- Vape Loyalty Programs: What This Movie Theater Can Teach You
- Crowd pleasers: 8 smart, affordable ideas to deepen customer loyalty
- Your Loyalty Program Works, but It’s Costing You Too Much
Make your vape shop a reality. From accepting payment to running your business we have what you need to get started. Get Clover in your corner and start your vape shop today.
Clover is sold by leading U.S. banks including Bank of America, BBVA, Citi, PNC, Sun Trust and Wells Fargo. You’ll also find Clover at our trusted partners including Ignite Payments, Restaurant Depot, and Sam’s Club. For more information, visit us at clover.com.